Carlie Fairbrother CHP(NC), CHBP
Registered Hypnotherapist in Cheshire.
Hi I’m Carlie, I am a registered hypnotherapist and certified hypnotic birthing practitioner based in Cheshire and I am here to help you.
I took a keen interest in personal development and human behaviour from a young age. However, my journey to hypnotherapy and psychotherapy really started whilst at university studying for a different career.
Throughout university I struggled with anxiety and perfectionism which brought up old issues from the past. First, like so many I tried to deal with it on my own. It was only when I started suffering with debilitating panic attacks that I sought help. With the help of a therapist I worked through the issues which I had struggled with for so long. Therapy made such a significant difference in my life and I knew that I wanted to give other people that same opportunity.
I worked as a dental hygienist and dental therapist for several years and in my spare time would read and study my other passion. Throughout my career I saw so many colleagues, patients and friends struggle with anxiety, stress, depression and many other mental health issues. It was this that pushed me to make the leap into studying again.
I trained to gain my certificate in hypnotherapy and psychotherapy with the prestigious National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy, which I gained with distinction, winning the Peter Blythe Founders award along the way. I have also done further training in hypnosis for childbirth and am currently the Director of Student Experience at The National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy working providing training and education for the next generations of therapists.
My aim as a therapist is to give you the same wonderful opportunity that I had. I remember so clearly being at the point where I thought nothing was ever going to get better, that I was stuck. But someone gave me their hand and guided me out of that place, I found my peace and my purpose.
I am dedicated to provide for you the best therapy possible. Hypnotherapy has helped many overcome their issues and take control of their lives. My additional training in psychotherapeutic approaches means I am able to work with and understand your issues on a deeper level. Working in a solution-focused way, it is my aim to understand what you truly want to achieve and help you get there as quickly as possible.
In my consulting room I offer you a peaceful, non-judgemental environment in which to explore your issues and find your solutions. I am available to you in my consulting room in Congleton, Cheshire, offering evening and weekend appointments for your convenience.
I look forward to working with you.
Qualifications, Awards and memberships
- Certificate in Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (NC) – Distinction
- Certified Hypnotic Birthing Practitioner.
- Certificate in How to Stop Anyone Smoking – Uncommon Practitioners.
- Registered Member of Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
- Peter Blythe Founders award winner (2019).
- Registered Member of The National Society of Talking Therapies.
- Registered Member of British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis.
- Membership secretary of the National Society of Talking Therapies.
- Fellow Member of The Royal Society of Medicine
- Trainee Member of UKCP
Other Professional Roles and Responsibilities
- Director of Student Experience at The National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy
- Membership Secretary of The National Society of Talking Therapies
- Member of the Executive Committee of the College of Outcome Oriented and Hypno-Psychotherapies within UKCP